- Full Time
Automotive Products Manufacturing
Our client is an international automotive products manufacturer, with the passion to create products that enable safe driving in demanding conditions since its founding in 1988. They decided to invest in a new greenfield factory in Oradea, an important regional and European hub of many transport routes. The total investment is estimated to be approximately EUR 650 million, which is among the most valuable investments in Romania in the recent years and already started this spring.
We are looking for a Legal Counsel to provide legal support and guidance to the Romanian subsidiary and other Group entities, facilitating contract drafting, negotiation, and operational legal assistance. He / she will develop and refine legal and compliance processes, share best practices, and raise legal awareness throughout the Group.
Act as a strategic legal partner to the business and its functions, adding value through expert advice and support. Advance the Group’s compliance standards, focusing on competition law and trade compliance, while also delivering comprehensive legal training.
He / she will engage in corporate governance and manage legal aspects of corporate activities within the Romanian subsidiary.
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts and other legal documents.
- Create and maintain standard contract templates and participate in complex negotiations.
- Offer legal advice and Data Protection Officer (DPO) support, manage legal claims, and assist in major receivable collections.
Compliance & Training
- Develop compliance programs, particularly in competition and trade laws.
- Execute legal topic training to enhance organizational knowledge and practice.
The ideal candidate should have at least 5 years of legal experience in a law firm or as an in-house counsel, with a strong background in contracts, corporate law, compliance, and other relevant legal fields used to work in or with international companies, and:
- A Master of Laws degree is required, along with the ability to take ownership and interact at all levels within the organization.
- Hands-on working style with fluency in Romanian and English; additional languages are a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to conduct legal negotiations and presentations effectively.
- Stakeholder management skills (internal and external)
- Readiness to travel for ~1 month periods to Finland during the introduction period
- Willing to live in Oradea permanently is required (if not a resident of the city)
- Our client is a global company with a strong vision of a safer world actively living its goal of being an attractive employer globally that is known for its sustainability, leadership, and truly international working community with diverse teams around the world.
- With its strongest focus in Safety, the company encourages its people to think that every accident can be avoided by the choices they make. In the company’s engagement survey Drive!, safety stood out as a strength, and people perceive safety as one of our priorities. On the way to an accident-free workplace, the company’s long-term goal is to reduce lost time injuries 20% annually. In 2022 the group-wide accident rate (LTIF) decreased by 22% to 3.2 (4.1 in 2021). Company’s LTIF has improved significantly during the past six years, as compared to 2016, the LTIF has decreased by 77%.
- This is a challenging position being the Legal Counsel of the biggest and probably one of the most sustainability-oriented manufacturing facility in Romania, the first zero co2 emission factory in the tire industry.
- A role with an important impact on local organization, dealing directly with Local and Group leadership and a great opportunity to be part of a greenfield investment with top-notch technologies and equipment.
Interested candidates who wish to take on this exciting challenge are encouraged to apply.
We welcome resumes or / and recommendations in English Language until latest FRIDAY 01.12.2023.
If, this opportunity does not interest you, but you would like to recommend a member of your professional network who might have the right profile and a potential interest in pursuing it, please don’t hesitate to forward them this ad or directly send us their coordinates.
Please consider that only the suitable candidates will be contacted for interview, but we appreciate everyone’s interest in our projects and would like to keep in touch for future projects.
Pendl & Piswanger offers HR and management advisory services in the last 40 years in CEE. As members of InterSearch, a worldwide executive search firm with more than 100 offices in 50 countries, we are amongst the top search firms globally and operate across all major industry sectors. We are experienced, innovative, and totally committed to our clients who gain competitive advantage by hiring great people. For more information, please visit www.ro.intersearch.org.