Head of Operations Romania
- Full Time
HEAD OF OPERATIONS ROMANIA
Our client is a leading manufacturing company providing innovative products and solutions for multiple purposes from thermal insulation and sound absorbers to comfort applications such as seats and interior parts for automotive industry, packaging, insulation and filtration solutions used in upholstery industry, automotive industry, acoustic fields, other technical applications.
In Romania the company has the head office and biggest plant in SIBIU and 3 other converting branches located in different cities of Romania to ensure proximity to their clients, with a total headcount of ~300 employees and a turnover of ~100 M Eur.
We are looking for an experienced Operations Director to take the organization’s operations to the next level, responsible for ensuring the business runs efficiently and that all parts are working towards achieving Profitability and Sustainability goals and targets.
The goal is to direct and coordinate the operational activity in Romania, having under direct subordination the main factory in Sibiu plus 3 other working points located in other locations with production, maintenance, quality, HSE and logistics and warehousing departments.
Whilst this is a strategic role with full P&L responsibility, it is also a very much hands on one, where you will be pivotal in data & facts based decisions in an environment with fast product mix changes from day to day , contributing towards the growth of the business, managing investment projects in line with company growth trajectory, implement Lean Manufacturing and instill a culture of Continuous Improvement, Quality and Safety.
The position will reports directly to Group Operations Director (VP) and to SEE General Manager.
Key Objectives &Tasks:
- Management of operational activities in the head-office
- Ensures that the work within departments directly managed is carried out according to the established procedures
- Monitors and takes the necessary measures to achieve the efficiency and productivity indicators
- Coordinate the production management activities at the working points
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress in the main production site / factory as well as in the working points
- Regularly evaluate the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements building up a strong continuous improvement mentality across whole organization
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability
- Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors
- Oversee customer support processes and organize them to enhance customer satisfaction, responsible for the consequences of any non-conformity and risks involved in case of non-compliance to customers’ requests.
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics (for both people and processes)
- Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations and laws
- Experience in leading and directing successful operational change within an environment with fast product mix changes from day to day in manufacturing companies and proven strategic experience in shaping operations and working at Board level on sustainability agenda
- The ideal candidate, a Romanian national/resident, located in SIBIU, will have ideally a background in either engineering or manufacturing, significant industrial experience in the manufacturing sector at a production site as plant general manager (plant & supply chain responsibilities) , operations director or supply chain director , skills for re-organization where necessary, successful history of managing complex planning and a strong business acumen which will be used to drive the business forward.
- Expertise in leading, implementing, and developing site relevant lean processes
- With well-developed communication skills, they will be able to effectively manage, motivate and develop their team to reach their full potential and inspiring their team to deliver improvement and support growth.
- Leadership skills and experience of diverse team management combined with project and budget management are essential requirements
- Since the role will interact with Group stakeholders and International Clients and suppliers the candidates will need to be fluent in English.
- Travelling availability is necessary since the working points under subordination are located in different regions in Romania
- Our client is part of a leading international group with a very long-term vision and a delegation of entrepreneurship to its people, meaning high levels of responsibility and autonomy.
- This is a challenging position taking over the role from the former job holder who will retire after he had built up a strong performant team which needs to be retained, motivated, and developed to continue making a positive impact.
- A role with an important impact on local organization, dealing directly with Regional and Group leadership with full P&L responsibility
- The position combines both strategic and hands-on approach (making sure all operations and supply chain areas are fit for purpose and highly effective for internal and external clients).
We welcome resumes or / and recommendations in English Language until latest FRIDAY 01.12.2023.
If, this opportunity does not interest you, but you would like to recommend a member of your professional network who might have the right profile and a potential interest in pursuing it, please don’t hesitate to forward them this ad or directly send us their coordinates.
Please consider that only the suitable candidates will be contacted for interview, but we appreciate everyone’s interest in our projects and would like to keep in touch for future projects.
Pendl & Piswanger offers HR and management advisory services in the last 40 years in CEE. As members of InterSearch, a worldwide executive search firm with more than 100 offices in 50 countries, we are amongst the top search firms globally and operate across all major industry sectors. We are experienced, innovative, and totally committed to our clients who gain competitive advantage by hiring great people. For more information, please visit www.ro.intersearch.org.