Our client is one of the most important players in the food industry in Romania, refrigerated products category. Their products notoriety in Romania is excellent, with own brands as well as private labels for International Clients. With an estimated annual turnover of over 700 million euros, 9 processing units and approximately 2,400 employees, the Romanian subsidiary is the only production unit that the group currently owns outside Germany, being inaugurated in 2007.
We are searching for a Commercial Manager with excellent business and commercial experience to ensure continuity and further development of Romania business, leading the sales focused on modern trade channel and marketing departments and reporting to General Manager Romania and Chief Customer Officer (CCO), at group level.
The Commercial Manager responsibilities include identifying directions and business development opportunities for the company, leading the sales and marketing departments, elaborate the business plan and marketing plan, maintain the relationship with active clients and build new partnerships, people management, preparing budgets and reports, and ensuring maximum profitability.
• Elaborate the business plan (turnover, sales volume, sales discounts, coverage margin, numerical distribution) and marketing plan (budget, actions, and marketing activities to reach the target market share), to pursue the objectives set by group management.
• Follow weekly the fulfilment of the business plan (quantitative) and monthly (quantitative, value -turnover) and profitability (margins).
• Monitor monthly the performance of products from the portfolio and the performance of clients.
• Propose measures in the case of non-performing items and in the case of non-performing customers.
• Get acquainted with the internal procedures of the sales & marketing department and the general procedures of the company and comply with their provisions.
• Negotiate the annual commercial conditions of ongoing contracts and the listing of new items.
• Ensure the commercial relations developed with clients are carried out according to the concluded contractual clauses and before concluding the annual contracts and commercial annexes, it is ensured that the company can honor the obligations provided in commercial contracts / annexes, before signing them.
• Ensure the receipts from clients for the delivered goods are made and that they are made in the due period provided in the contract / commercial agreement.
• Identify new clients and negotiates commercial contracts with them.
• Carry out monthly visits to clients to maintain and develop the relationship with them.
• It ensures that product stocks are ordered by customers and delivered according to schedule to avoid situations of overstocking and lack of stock.
• Collaborate with other Managers within the company to achieve the objectives.
The successful candidate will be an experienced professional from the fresh food sector with proven leadership and organizational skills.
• The ideal person will have a relevant degree in Economics, Business, Finance, Trade, Marketing, Food Industry/Engineering, Mathematics
• Exceptional leadership qualities, team, and people skills.
• Good financial understanding and commercial excellence acumen are vital for this role because is responsible for meeting budgets and accountable marketing activities to reach the target market share
• Strong analytical skills and result oriented, proactive, and perseverant.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, ERP system.
• English Language – advanced level.
• German language – advanced level (it is an advantage; it is not a mandatory condition).
We welcome resumes or / and recommendations in English Language until latest WEDNESDAY 15.09.2021.
If, this opportunity does not interest you, but you would like to recommend a member of your professional network who might have the right profile and a potential interest in pursuing it, please don’t hesitate to forward them this ad or directly send us their coordinates.
Please consider that only the suitable candidates will be contacted for interview, but we appreciate everyone’s interest in our projects and would like to keep in touch for future projects.
Pendl & Piswanger offers HR and management advisory services in the last 40 years in CEE. As members of InterSearch, a worldwide executive search firm with more than 100 offices in 50 countries, we are amongst the top search firms globally and operate across all major industry sectors. We are experienced, innovative, and totally committed to our clients who gain competitive advantage by hiring great people. For more information, please visit www.ro.intersearch.org.